通告/PENGUMUMAN/ANNOUNCEMENT: 17-18.12.16 "" HARI JUALAN BUKU TAHUN 1 HINGGA TAHUN 6 2017....... 27.12.16 "" MESYUARAT GURU....... 28.12.16 "" ORIENTASI MURID TAHUN 1....... 03.01.17 "" SESI PERSEKOLAHAN 2017 BERMULA.......

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

二零一二年六年级毕业刊:创作云彩(学生英文作品5)

***
The Future
***


**Wong Zhu Shi (6S)**

Last Friday,
I had a particularly tiring day at school and
wanted nothing better than to have a long, long afternoon nap.
When I reached home,
I crawled to my cool bedroom, leapt into my bed and closed my eyes.

Suddenly,
I felt someone tapping my shoulder.
“Wake up! Wake up!”

I opened my eyes and got the shock of my life.

A girl about my age in a T-shirt and jeans
with a backpack was sitting on my bed.
“I’m Cynnyx Lee from 2050.
I suppose you’d like to see the future?”

I nodded dumbly.

Cynnyx snapped her fingers.

Immediately,
we were sucked into a portal and transported to the future.

I looked around.
There were skyscrapers where houses used to be.
I saw flying cars and even people soaring in the sky.

“Winged sandals were invented in 2020.” explained Cynnyx.
“The ground is too crowded with buildings to build roads, so they were invented.
They’re a helpful invention because they let people arrive at their destinations quickly and easily.”

“So, they invented mid-air traffic lights too?” I laughed.

“Yes, they invented those, too.”

The world had now changed beyond recognition.
I gasped in awe at the number of electronic devices around the city.
Every person owned a skyscraper for a house and had robots working for them.
I watched in amazement as the robots proceeded to do everyday tasks
like preparing meals, sweeping floors and wiping windows.

“Could you take me to a school?”
I asked Cynnyx, hardly daring to believe my eyes.

She smiled and took two pairs of winged sandals out of her backpack.
“Of course. Put these sandals on and we’ll be ready to fly.”

I was very excited as I had never flown like this before.
Quickly,
 I strapped the sandals to my feet.
I felt as light as air.

Cynnyx was wearing a pair of winged sandals, too.
She tapped a sandal.
“SJK(C) Bukit Beruang!”
she commanded.
 I did the same.

The wings on the sandals started flapping at once.
I was really excited. SJK(C) Bukit Beruang was my school!
What would it be like now?

We reached our destination in the blink of an eye.

Our school had been changed into a skyscraper.
I looked into every window and
saw robot teachers teaching pupils in modern classrooms.
The pupils had desks with sleek in-built computers and
each one had a computer pen to write with.
They didn’t need to bring heavy bags to school because
educational software had been programmed into the computers.

The pupils seemed to be enjoying themselves.
I felt very happy because SJK(C) Bukit Beruang
was the most modern building in the city.
Not only that, it was the tallest, too!

“I’m going to fly to the top of the building,” I told Cynnyx.

“Okay, but be careful!” Cynnyx called after me.

From the top of the skyscraper,
I had an excellent view of the whole city.
I felt very proud to be a student of this school.

I heard a strange sound coming from my shoes.
They seemed to be rattling.
I checked them.
 Oh, no! The batteries had run out!

The mechanical wings stopped flapping.
Cynnyx looked up, saw me and gave a shrill scream.

I was falling, falling…

CRASH.

My head felt sore.
I reached my hand up to rub it.

I was still alive!

Was that all a dream?
I wondered.

Even if it was,
I won’t give up on our 2020 vision of a futuristic, modern Malaysia.
I understand that we will all have to work hard to achieve it,
and I hope that we will make this dream
- my dream – a reality.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

No comments:

Post a Comment